The Big Fat Smile KIDS AQUA is FUN!
You don’t need to be a sports star. It’s a swim followed by a run, safe and fun and just for kids 6-12 years of age. Swim-Run on your own, with a parent or tag team with a friend. Hundreds take part!
Finisher medals for all who take part!!
The course is designed with safety in mind. Children can take part on their own or with a parent/guardian along side (if U10).
READY, SET, AQUA!
What you need to know…
- Swim in Wollongong harbour, close to the shore, and with lifesavers ready
- Gender and age groups have separate start groups
- U10’s swim 140m – parents can tag along!
- 10-12’s swim 200m
- Exit the water and run up to your ‘change area’ where your shoes are
- Tag teams: one swims and one runs tag team
- Run or walk…2km. 1km out and back, safe, along flat coastal path to north beach & back
- Fun finish under the finish arch
- Get your Big Fat Smile FINISHER MEDAL
- High 5 on your effort
It’s fun, its safe, and all kids can join in.
√ Entry to Australia’s most fun swim and run
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to age and spot prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
√ Sponsor goodies
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: Compulsory for all individuals Entrants or 1 team member
- Parent or guardian Must attend
- Collection between 7am and 8:30am (allow 45min car park, walk to register)
- See maps: located at belmore basin
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Go to the Big Fat Smile Kids Area (far south of concourse) see flags
- Place your shoes / run gear in the kids area
- Place your allocated Eyeline Swim cap on and time chip on your left ankle.
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in kids area to be ‘tagged’ – this means swapping the time velcro from the swimmer ankle to the runners ankle.
- Briefing is held on water’s edge- LISTEN To announcer / kids marshal
- Swim marshal will bring kids to the start in age groups
- Listen to the swim safety talk – parents to attend.
- Age/gender starts
What if the harbour is rough?
Whilst very rare as the harbour is mostly protected, wind, rain can make the water choppy. Lifesavers will determine the best for safety and decide on maintaining the swim or to move the swim to a safer spot, or reduce the distance and lastly to swap the swim for a ‘wade – knee deep water run’ in worst situation. So its on on on..
My child does not finish the swim?
Our success rate is over 98%! Kids are supported and encouraged the whole way..if though they are not up to the full swim, THAT’S OK, simply exit the water and continue the event. (age awards will not apply)
SPECIAL NOTE: PARENTS / GUARDIANS
- Parents can assist children in the swim of the U10 event
- Parents are to avoid interfering with other children
- NO parents inside the ‘change area’ unless your child is under 8
- Parents are to take responsibility for their child once the event is completed
√ Finisher medals (All kids!)
√ 1st, 2nd, 3rd Age awards (U10’s) and (10-12’s) boys and girls
√ Tag Team: 1st, 2nd, 3rd age and gender divisions
√ Spot/barrel draws to win
*See Terms & Conditions