Our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
The Long Aqua distance is as the name says the longest swim-run event that kicks off the fun of the Australia Day Aquathon. A fantastic course awaits and hundreds take part, whether you are out to race or simply looking for a challenge.
Long Aqua involves a two-lap 900m total (450m x 2) swim within protected Wollongong Harbour, then its time to swap to your joggers for the scenic and flat coastal 7km run. Starts are divided into Male, female and teams and further split into age categories to reduce swim congestion and safety.
A huge fun atmosphere, spectacular scenic course, loads of water safety, terrific course marshals, professional services and finisher medals are all part of the fun.
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: (Compulsory for all individuals or 1 team member) between 6.15am and 7.45am.
- Allow minimal 45min prior to your start time
- Please check the Event Schedule for timings
- Place your run gear in the ‘transition’- located on foreshore footpath directly in-front of the cafe/kiosk
- Place your time chip on your left ankle.
- Teams: The swimmer starts with time chip, and runner waits in “Team Tag Area” to be tagged (swap chip over)
- Briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer for key details and group starts
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap (20m run on beach in-between)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 20m to where your shoes/gear will be position.
Run: 7km Run: scenic and spectacular out and back coastal run. Enjoy a mix of the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway and the tranquil ‘Puckey’s Estate Reserve’ supported by amazing volunteers. Well marked, traffic free, and loads of course marshals
*See Terms & Conditions