Our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
Long Aqua is ‘premier’ aquathon in Australia, attracting internationals to locals out for a great fun challenge.
Long Aqua involves a two-lap 900m total (450m x 2) swim within protected Wollongong Harbour, then swap to your joggers for the scenic and flat coastal 7km run.
Loads of water safety, course marshals and water stations on course.
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: (Compulsory for all individuals or 1 team member) between 6.15am and 7.45am.
- Allow minimal 45min prior to your start time
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Place your run gear in the area marked ‘transition’
- Place your time chip on your left ankle. (soft velcro strap)
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in “Team Tag Area”
- Briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer for key details and group starts
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap (20m run on beach in-between)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 20m to where your shoes/gear will be position.
Run: 7km Run: scenic and spectacular out and back coastal run. Enjoy a mix of the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway and the tranquil ‘Puckey’s Estate Reserve’ supported by amazing volunteers. Well marked, traffic free, and loads of course marshals
*See Terms & Conditions