Our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
Long Aqua is ‘premier’ aquathon in Australia, attracting internationals to locals out for a great fun challenge.
Long Aqua involves a two-lap 900m total (450m x 2) swim within protected Wollongong Harbour, then swap to your joggers for the scenic and flat coastal 7km run.
Loads of water safety, course marshals and water stations on course.
NEW FINISHER MEDAL now included!
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: (Compulsory for all individuals or 1 team member) between 6.15am and 7.45am.
- Allow minimal 45min prior to your start time
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Place your run gear in the area marked ‘transition’
- Place your time chip on your left ankle. (soft velcro strap)
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in “Team Tag Area”
- Briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer for key details and group starts
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap (20m run on beach in-between)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 20m to where your shoes/gear will be position.
Run: 7km Run: scenic and spectacular out and back coastal run. Enjoy a mix of the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway and the tranquil ‘Puckey’s Estate Reserve’ supported by amazing volunteers. Well marked, traffic free, and loads of course marshals
*See Terms & Conditions