The Long Aqua kicks off the Australia Day Aquathon events – our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Take it on for a fun fitness challenge or your chance to test yourself against some of the best swim and runners in the nation.
Safe and achievable and involves a two lap 900m total swim within Wollongong Harbour (450m laps) and then it’s a flat scenic coastal 7km run. Enter on your own or tag team with one that swims and one that runs. Loads of water safety, course marshals and water stations on course.
|Category||EARLY BIRD 15.10.17 to 02.12.17||ON TIME 03.12.17 to 22.01.17||LAST MINUTE 23.01.17 to 25.01.18||LATE/ EVENT DAY 26.1.18|
√ Professional event services, safety measures and an amazing atmosphere
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Digital finisher certificate
√ Finishers refreshments, and sponsor goodies
√ Age and spot prize pool entry ticket worth over $5,000
√ Event photography, stalls, give aways and more
- Collection of your Registration pack is compulsory for all individuals Entrants and 1 representative from a team.
- These can be collected from the Registration Marquee on the morning of the event
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Ensure to wear the allocated Eyeline Swim cap and time chip
- Change area’s are marked for each event and tag teams
- Briefing is held on water’s edge
- Tag Team runners line up in team change area
- Listen to announcer for key details
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap. Begins on sandy foreshore of Wollongong Harbour split into age/gender categories. A mostly protected swim within the harbour walls, supervision by experienced lifesavers.
Transition: Exit the sand and run 50m to a path where your shoes/gear will be position.
Run: 7km Exit Wollongong harbour, north along the coastal footpath, to fairy meadow beach (mix of cycle path and grass) to mid way water stop. Returns via the shady ‘puckies nature reserve’ and back to re join the cycle path and head to the fun finish. Scenic, coastal and traffic free.
*See Terms & Conditions