The MINI AQUA distance offers a fun, entry level, and safe event to begin your ‘aquathon’ experience or for a shorter and fun hit out.
You don’t need to be an amazing athlete or swimmer!
- A 200m swim held close to the shoreline, followed by an 2km flat coastal run.
- Swim and run on your own or tag team with a mate- one swims, one runs.
- Fully supported, safe location with loads lifesavers and course marshals
- Enjoy a non-competitive event (timed but no awards)
- Enter on your own or take part with a mate, group or sport/fitness-One swims and one runs!
- Finisher medals to celebrate your achievement
- Ages 13 years and up
Visit our preparation page for training tips, programs, video’s.
Beginners swim-run guide
2020 Event Guide:
Download and keep handy.
√ Entry to Australia’s largest and most fun swim and run Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Over $5,000 give away’s and prizes
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: Compulsory for all individuals Entrants or 1 team member
- Collection between 7.1am and 8:45am (allow 45min car park, walk to register)
- See maps: located at belmore basin
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Prior to start (individual) place run gear in the area marked ‘transition’
- Place your allocated time chip on your left ankle (soft velcro)
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in “RMB Team Tag Area”
- Event briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer
- Start on sandy foreshore of harbour divided into male, female and team starts.
- Swim is kept close to shoreline, supported by very capable lifesavers
- Exit the swim, to your change area (20m run) or ‘team tag your runner)
- 2km- (1k out and back) flat run along the amazing ‘blue mile’ coastal path to North Beach
- Finish, grab your medal, water, fruit and celebrate
*See Terms & Conditions