Tag teams: one swimmer and one runner
RMB Lawyers TEAM UP is the perfect option to join Aquathon with your mates, work group, fitness crew, sport club or school.
Not the best swimmer or runner? Take on your mates, enter for fun, do it with a friend or family member..
One is the swimmer, one is the runner…simple as that.
- GRAB A MATE
- Choose your preferred distance
- Enter online
- Join the fun
- Kids U10 and 10-12 Team’s
- Mini: 13+ (any gender/age combo)
- Short: U18, Open (any age/gender combo), Business, Parent+Child (U16)
- Long: Open (any age male/female/mix), Business, Master 50+
How do tag teams work?
Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags a mate to run by swapping velcro time chip. It’s the same event as individuals just as a tag team. Tag Teams are there own division with category awards for the more competitive, though most are out for fun.
What distance applies to teams?
ALL events have tag team options and divisions
Do I have to be competitive?
NO, in fact, most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners?
Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. The swimmer wears two-time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total?
One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group?
Sure can, whether you are an individual or tag team, you can all be part of a collective group.
What happens on event day?
- Collect your entry kit (timing chip, swim cap) at official registration (refer event guide/maps)
- Swimmer begins with velcro chip on left ankle, and the runner is waiting at tag team change area
- Swimmer completes the swim, runs to tag area (50m) and swap velcro to runners left ankle
- Runner completes run section
- Celebrate together!
Do team swimmers start separately?
YES- teams have their own swim wave start.
Are there award divisions?
- Yes for the more competitive 1st is awarded per category in male, female and mix gender.
- Kids, parent and child and business award applies to1st, 2nd, 3rd (any gender mix)
What happens on event day?
- Sign in at registration (one person)
- Collect swim cap, time chip
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and swim cap
- Listen to PA for event briefing and all to start line
- Swimmer – lines up on shore
- Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ on the concourse
- Swimmer swims, exits water and runs (50m) to runner tag zone- swap velcro time chip to the runner
- TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Runner – run, run…swimmer, fruit and rest…watch and cheer at the finish line
- Celebrate together