Go Aqua as a team and its double the fun.
Not the best swimmer or runner? Than TEAMS are your go. One is the swimmer, one is the runner…easy as that.
It’s as easy as:
- Grab a mate to swim or run
- Pick your preferred distance
- Enter online
- Train up!
What’ a team? Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags (swap time velcro) a mate to run. It’s the same event as individuals.
Do I have to be competitive? NO, in fact most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners? Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. Swimmer wears two time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total? One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group? Sure can, whether you are a individual or tag team, you can all be part of collective group.
What distance applies to teams? ALL events have tag team options
Do team swimmers start separately? YES- teams have thier own swim wave start.
Parent/Kids: Kids Aqua teams start on their own based on U10 and 10-12 years age grouping (boys/girls together). They start after individuals of the same age/event. Parents can tag along (swim) and follow the younger one’s if they wish
Are there award divisions? For fairness teams have their own divisions based on age (junior, open, master) or type “business’. 1st, 2nd, 3rd per division receive medals.
What happens on event day?
- Sign in at registration (one person)
- Collect swim cap, time chip
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and swim cap
- Listen to PA for event briefing and all to start line
- Swimmer – lines up on shore
- Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ on concourse
- Swimmer swims, exits water and runs (50m) to runner tag zone- swap velcro time chip to runner
- TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Runner – run, run…swimmer, fruit and rest…watch and cheer at finish line
- Celebrate together