Tag teams: one swimmer and one runner
Groups: make it a fun day out
RMB Lawyers TEAM UP is the perfect option to join Aquathon with your mates, work group, fitness crew, sport club or school.
Tag Teams: Not the best swimmer or runner? Then TAG TEAMS are your go.
One is the swimmer, one is the runner…easy as that.
- GRAB A MATE
- Choose your preferred distance
- Enter online
- Join the fun
Australia Day is a day with family and friends and Aquathon is the perfect way to kick start the fun. Groups are welcome to join in, and can opt across any event, and either as an individual or tag team. There’s also the 4km FunRun-Walk, so everyone can take part.
To enter a group, simply select the ‘Create a Group’ option at the time of entry (once only), set up the group name, share and invite friends, and from this point everyone else simply joins the group and nominates there own event.
How do tag teams work?
Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags (swap time velcro) a mate to run. It’s the same event as individuals just as a tag team. Tag Teams are there own division with category awards for the more competitive, though most are out for fun.
What distance applies to teams?
ALL events have tag team options and divisions
Do I have to be competitive?
NO, in fact, most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners?
Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. The swimmer wears two-time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total?
One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group?
Sure can, whether you are an individual or tag team, you can all be part of a collective group.
What happens on event day?
- Collect your entry kit (timing chip, swim cap) at official registration (refer event guide/maps)
- Swimmer begins with velcro chip on left ankle, and the runner is waiting at tag team change area
- Swimmer completes the swim, runs to tag area (50m) and swap velcro to runners left ankle
- Runner completes run section
- Celebrate together!
Do team swimmers start separately?
YES- teams have their own swim wave start.
Are there award divisions?
For fairness, teams have their own divisions based on age (junior, open, master) or type “business’. 1st, 2nd, 3rd per division receive medals.
What happens on event day?
- Sign in at registration (one person)
- Collect swim cap, time chip
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and swim cap
- Listen to PA for event briefing and all to start line
- Swimmer – lines up on shore
- Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ on the concourse
- Swimmer swims, exits water and runs (50m) to runner tag zone- swap velcro time chip to the runner
- TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Runner – run, run…swimmer, fruit and rest…watch and cheer at the finish line
- Celebrate together