The Suttle Shades Short Aqua is the perfect swim and run experience for all ages and levels.
It’s a simple splash’n’ dash – individual or tag team (one swimmer and one runner).
The safe course involves a single 400m lap swim within the protected Wollongong harbour with full water safety support, than exit and change into run gear, for a scenic and flat out and back run totaling 3km.
It’s all ages, its fun, safe, a great fitness workout, challenge, or race…
|Category||EARLY BIRD 15.10.17 to 02.12.17||ON TIME 03.12.17 to 22.01.17||LAST MINUTE 23.01.17 to 25.01.18||LATE/EVENT DAY 26.1.18|
√ Professional event services, safety measures and an amazing atmosphere
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Digital finisher certificate, electronic timing and results
√ Finishers refreshments, and sponsor goodies
√ Age and spot prize pool entry ticket worth over $5,000
√ Event photography, stalls and more
- Read and refer to your entry confirmation email and participant guide.
- Arrive early (60min prior) to your start.
- Go to ‘check in’ located a belmore basin
- Collection of your Registration pack is compulsory for all individuals Entrants and 1 representative from a team.
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Listen to annoucner
- Place run/change gear in the ‘transition’ – refer map/guide
- Ensure to wear the allocated Eyeline Swim cap and time chip (worn on swimmer ankle)
- Team swimmer, lines up on shore, team runner waits in the ‘tag zone’ (see map/announcer)
- Briefing is held on water’s edge 15min prior to your start
- Swim starts are divided into age/gender groupings
- Listen to announcer for safety briefing
- Enjoy a fun race experience, fully supported by loads of marshals, water safety, cheering crowds
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams: “open” implies any age/gender mix
Swim: A single lap course of 400m- a mostly protected swim within the harbour walls, full supervision by experienced lifesavers.
Transition: Exit the sand and run 50m to a path where your shoes/gear will be positioned.
Run: 3km scenic coastal course along the Illawarra’s premier “Blue Mile”. 1.5km out and back course. Well marked, traffic free, and loads course marshals.
*See Terms & Conditions