Relay Tag teams: one swimmer and one runner – twice the fun.
Don’t feel like doing the whole Aquathon yourself? RMB Lawyers TEAM UP is the perfect option to join Aquathon with your mates, work group, fitness crew, sport club, school or family!
One is the swimmer, one is the runner. Relay style – Simple as that.
- GRAB A MATE
- Choose your preferred distance
- Enter online
- Join the fun
You can enter a tag team on your own or part of a group.
DOWNLOAD YOUR TEAM SET UP GUIDE HERE.
Relay Team Categories:
- Kids Aqua: U10 and 10-12 Team’s division
- Mini Aqua: 13+ Team division
- Short Aqua: U18 Team, Open Team (any age/gender), Business Team, Parent+Child (U16) Team
- Long Aqua: Open (any age) Male, Female or Mixed category, Business Team, Master 50+ Team
NEW FOR 2019: The return of the RMB Corporate Teams category! Enter a relay team in the Long or Short Aquathon with a co-worker or friend and fly the business flag!!
How do tag teams work?
Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags a mate to run. The tag is by swapping the provided velcro time chip worn on each members left ankle, swimmer first than swap to the runner. It’s the same event as individuals just as a tag team. Tag Teams are there own division with category awards for the more competitive, though most are out for fun.
How do I enter?
Entry is via the online entry system, the same as for individuals. First step is to create and team and enter swimmer and runner details, or sign up your side and send to a mate to pay/complete their side.
Here is a quick guide to SETTING UP RELAY TEAMS.
What distance applies to teams?
ALL events have tag team options and divisions
Do I have to be competitive?
NO, in fact, most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners?
Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. The swimmer wears two-time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total?
One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group?
Sure can, whether you are an individual or tag team, you can all be part of a collective group.
Do team swimmers start separately?
YES- teams have their own swim wave start.
Are there award divisions?
- Yes for the more competitive 1st is awarded per category in male, female and mix gender.
- Kids, parent and child and business award applies to1st, 2nd, 3rd (any gender mix)
- Sign in at registration (one person) – Collect swim cap, time chip
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and wears the allocated swim cap
- Listen to announcer for the event briefing
- The Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ as marked
- Swimmer completes the swim, then runs 20m to ‘swap’ time chip to the runner. TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Celebrate together!