ALL who enter receive a KIDS AQUA medal!
The KIDS AQUA is all out swim + run fun just for kids 6-12 years of age.
Divided into two age groups, (U10’s) and (10-12 years), with the younger kids swim a little shorter.
Both are about fun and participation. Kids can enter and either swim + run individually or partner with a friend as a ‘tag team’ one that swims and one that runs. You don’t need to be a sports star.
Swims start on the water edge of Wollongong Harbour, with a swim held close to shore and mostly protected waters with LOADS of amazing lifesavers watching.
Parents can also ‘tag along’ with the younger kids!
It’s fun, its safe, and all kids can join in.
Need some guidance to get to the start line? Read the TRY AQUA GUIDE
Learn more about ‘Aquathon’ – Participant Guide
|Category||EARLY BIRD 15.10.17 to 02.12.17||ON TIME 03.12.17 to 19.01.17||LAST MINUTE 20.01.17 to 25.01.18||LATE/ EVENT DAY 26.1.18|
√ Entry to Australia’s largest and most fun swim and run
√ Kids Finisher Medal
√ Swim cap
√ Professional event safety, services and an amazing atmosphere
√ Digital finisher certificate, timing and results, refreshments and give away’s
√ Entry to spot prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Event photography
- Collection of your Registration pack is compulsory for all individuals Entrants (1 representative from a team) at official ‘registration marquee’. Refer site map
- Parent or guardian to attend registration
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Ensure to wear the allocated Eyeline Swim cap and time chip (on swimmer ankle)
- Kids Area is located on south side of children’s playground
- Briefing is held on water’s edge – follow marshals instructions
- Listen to announcer for key details
SPECIAL NOTE: PARENTS / GUARDIANS
- Parents can assist children in swim of the U10 event
- Parents are to avoid interfering with other children
- NO parents inside the ‘change area’ unless your child is under 8
- Parents are to take responsibility for their child once the event is completed
√ 1st, 2nd, 3rd Age awards (U10’s) and (10-12’s)
√ Tag Team: 1st, 2nd, 3rd age and gender divisions
Swim: Start on sandy shore. A safe close to shoreline 140m (6-9’yrs) or 200m (10-12 yrs) swim in rectangular course carefully supported by experienced lifesavers. Mostly sheltered and swim stays close to shore (~50m off the shoreline)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 50m to a path where your shoes/gear are placed “kids zone” or “tag your runner”
Run: 2km total with a 1km out and back course from Wollongong Harbour to North Beach Kiosk, course marshals indicate turn marker.
*See Terms & Conditions