ALL WHO ENTER RECEIVE A SPECIAL FINISHER MEDAL!
AQUA is for EVERYONE!
The KIDS AQUA is all about fun and having a go…You don’t need to be a sports star!
It’s a swim followed by a run and just for kids 6-12 years of age. Near 400 take part each year!
The course is designed with safety in mind, and to be achievable. Children can take part on their own or with a parent/guardian along side (if U10).
How does it work?
Kids enter either as an individual (you do both swim+run) or with a friend and tag team (one swims+one runs). The swim is divided into gender and age starts to make it safer and smaller groups. Parents of younger children can opt to tag along and assist their kids.
Divided into two age groups, (U10’s) and (10-12 years), with the younger kids swim (140m) a little shorter, than the (10-12’s) 200m. All kids run the same course, a super flat safe 2km total.
Swim: Wollongong harbour- close to shore swim, and supported by our amazing lifesavers.
Change: Exit the water, and in your ‘kids change’ area your shoes/run gear (or team runner) awaits
Run: Follow the cycleway out to North Beach (1km), plenty course marshals cheer you on, then turn around at the halfway and back to the fun finish- Grab your medal and fruit, water…
It’s fun, its safe, and all kids can join in.
KIDS GUIDE: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Learn more about ‘Aquathon’ – Participant Guide
√ Entry to Australia’s largest and most fun ‘swim and run’
√ Professional safety, services, and event organisation
√ Kids Finisher Medal
√ Swim cap
√ Digital finisher certificate, timing and results, refreshments and give away’s
√ Entry to spot prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Event photography
- Please read and refer to your confirmation entry email instructions and event guide
- Arrive with enough time to park and collect your entry kit (60min min)
- Collection of your Registration pack is compulsory for all individuals Entrants and 1 representative from a team. Parent/guardian to attend.
- These can be collected from the Registration Marquee at event start on the morning of the event
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- After checking in, place your run/change gear at the allocated kids only area (see map)
- Listen to the announcer for instructions, event briefing
- Swimmer/aquathon entrant: Ensure to wear the allocated Eyeline Swim cap and time chip
- Briefing is held on water’s edge – a ‘kids marshal will escort kids to swim start’
- Tag Team runners line up in team change area (see map)- don’t follow swimmer to shore.
- Listen to race starter for a safety briefing
- Teams: swimmer starts on shore, wearing the timing anklet, exit the swim, run along the beach to your ‘team runner’. Swap time band from your ankle to their ankle, (velcro strap) and runner continues the event. Swimmer can wait near finish (make sure runner grabs 2 medals at the finish!)
- Enjoy the fun swim n run…
- Finish with a cheer and grab your medal, fruit, water..
SPECIAL NOTE: PARENTS / GUARDIANS
- Parents can assist children in the swim of the U10 event
- Parents are to avoid interfering with other children
- NO parents inside the ‘change area’ unless your child is under 8
- Parents are to take responsibility for their child once the event is completed
√ 1st, 2nd, 3rd Age awards (U10’s) and (10-12’s)
√ Tag Team: 1st, 2nd, 3rd age and gender divisions
Swim: Start on the sandy shore. A safe close to shoreline 140m (6-9’yrs) or 200m (10-12 yrs) swim in rectangular course carefully supported by experienced lifesavers. Mostly sheltered and swim stays close to shore (~50m off the shoreline)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 50m to a path where your shoes/gear are placed “kids zone” or “tag your runner”
Run: 2km total with a 1km out and back course from Wollongong Harbour to North Beach Kiosk, course marshals indicate turn marker.
*See Terms & Conditions