ALL WHO ENTER RECEIVE A SPECIAL KIDZAQUA MEDAL!
The KIDS AQUA is all out swim + run fun just for kids 6-12 years of age. Near 400 take part each year!
The course is designed with safety in mind, and easy to follow. Children can take part on their own or with a parent/guardian (U10’s) along side.
Divided into two age groups, (U10’s) and (10-12 years), with the younger kids swim a little shorter.
Both are about fun and participation. Kids can enter and either swim + run individually or partner with a friend as a ‘tag team’ one that swims and one that runs. You don’t need to be a sports star.
Swims start on the water edge of Wollongong Harbour, with a swim held close to shore and mostly protected waters with LOADS of amazing lifesavers watching.
Parents can also ‘tag along’ with the younger kids!
It’s fun, its safe, and all kids can join in.
Need some guidance to get to the start line? Read the TRY AQUA GUIDE
Learn more about ‘Aquathon’ – Participant Guide
|Category||EARLY BIRD 15.10.17 to 02.12.17||ON TIME 03.12.17 to 22.01.17||LAST MINUTE 23.01.17 to 25.01.18||LATE/ EVENT DAY 26.1.18|
√ Entry to Australia’s largest and most fun ‘swim and run’
√ Professional safety, services, and event organisation
√ Kids Finisher Medal
√ Swim cap
√ Digital finisher certificate, timing and results, refreshments and give away’s
√ Entry to spot prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Event photography
- Please read and refer to your confirmation entry email instructions and participant guide
- Arrive with enough time to park and collect your entry kit (60min min)
- Collection of your Registration pack is compulsory for all individuals Entrants and 1 representative from a team. Parent/guardian to attend.
- These can be collected from the Registration Marquee at event start on the morning of the event
- Please check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- After checking in, place your run/change gear at the allocated kids only area (see map)
- Listen to announcer for instructions, event briefing
- Swimmer/aquathon entrant: Ensure to wear the allocated Eyeline Swim cap and time chip
- Briefing is held on water’s edge – a ‘kids marshal will escort kids to swim start’
- Tag Team runners line up in team change area (see map)- don’t follow swimmer to shore.
- Listen to race starter for safety briefing
- The course is designed with safety in mind, and easy to follow. Children can take part on their own or with a parent/guardian (U10’s) along side.
- Teams: swimmer starts on shore, wearing the timing anklet, exit the swim, run along the beach to your ‘team runner’. Swap time band from your ankle to their ankle, (velcro strap) and runner continues the event. Swimmer can wait near finish (make sure runner grabs 2 medals at finish!)
SPECIAL NOTE: PARENTS / GUARDIANS
- Parents can assist children in swim of the U10 event
- Parents are to avoid interfering with other children
- NO parents inside the ‘change area’ unless your child is under 8
- Parents are to take responsibility for their child once the event is completed
√ 1st, 2nd, 3rd Age awards (U10’s) and (10-12’s)
√ Tag Team: 1st, 2nd, 3rd age and gender divisions
Swim: Start on sandy shore. A safe close to shoreline 140m (6-9’yrs) or 200m (10-12 yrs) swim in rectangular course carefully supported by experienced lifesavers. Mostly sheltered and swim stays close to shore (~50m off the shoreline)
Transition: Exit the sand and run 50m to a path where your shoes/gear are placed “kids zone” or “tag your runner”
Run: 2km total with a 1km out and back course from Wollongong Harbour to North Beach Kiosk, course marshals indicate turn marker.
*See Terms & Conditions