Our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
The super popular, ‘Long Aqua’ distance kicks off the Australia Day Aquathon, attracting a big fun mix of participants.
The Long Aqua begins with a 900m swim, divided into two 450m laps within the sheltered Wollongong Harbour, than swap to your joggers for the spectacular and scenic flat coastal and out and back, 7km total run.
Starts are divided into Male, female and teams and further split into age categories to reduce swim congestion and enhance safety.
Aquathon participants will enjoy an extremely well organised and safety focused fun event; a spectacular location, finisher medals, loads of water safety and course marshals, professional services, prize draws and give-aways and a huge crowd to cheer you on!
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: (Compulsory for all individuals or 1 team member) between 6.15am & 7.30am (male) or 7.45am female/team.
- Please check the Event Schedule for timings
- Listen to announcer
- Place your run gear in the ‘transition’- located on foreshore footpath
- Place your time chip on your left ankle, and eyeline swimcap on.
- Teams: The swimmer starts with time chip, and runner waits in “Team Tag Area” to be tagged (swap chip over)
- Safety briefing is held on water’s edge
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap (20m run on beach in-between) or deep water swim/wade tidal dependent.
Transition: Exit the sand and run 20m to where your shoes/gear will be position along the closed to public footpath.
Run: 7km Run: scenic and spectacular out and back coastal run. Enjoy a mix of the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway and the tranquil ‘Puckey’s Estate Reserve’ supported by amazing volunteers.
*See Terms & Conditions