Our premier distance that can be enjoyed by everyone from the casual to the more serious. Enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
The Long Aqua distance kicks off the Australia Day Aquathon, attracting a huge mix of participants. It’s super popular, safe and fun and the premier ‘aquathon’ in Australia. Set within a spectacular location, hundreds take part be it for a fun challenge or race.
Long Aqua begins with a 900m swim, divided into two 450m laps all within the protected Wollongong Harbour, – then swap to your joggers for the scenic and flat coastal 7km run.
Starts are divided into Male, female and teams and further split into age categories to reduce swim congestion and safety.
A huge fun atmosphere, spectacular scenic course, finisher medals, loads of water safety and course marshals, professional services are just part of the spectacular that awaits….
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: (Compulsory for all individuals or 1 team member) between 6.15am & 7.30am (male) or 7.45am female/team.
- Please check the Event Schedule for timings
- Listen to announcer
- Place your run gear in the ‘transition’- located on foreshore footpath
- Place your time chip on your left ankle, and eyeline swimcap on.
- Teams: The swimmer starts with time chip, and runner waits in “Team Tag Area” to be tagged (swap chip over)
- Safety briefing is held on water’s edge
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams can be any age mix and gender.
Swim: 900m total. A two lap course of 450m per lap (20m run on beach in-between) or deep water swim/wade tidal dependent.
Transition: Exit the sand and run 20m to where your shoes/gear will be position along the closed to public footpath.
Run: 7km Run: scenic and spectacular out and back coastal run. Enjoy a mix of the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway and the tranquil ‘Puckey’s Estate Reserve’ supported by amazing volunteers. Well marked, traffic free, and loads of course marshals
*See Terms & Conditions