The MINI AQUA distance offers a fun, entry level, and safe event to begin your ‘aquathon’ experience or just a fun sharp hit out!
Aquathon is a swim followed by a run, a ‘triathlon without the bike’. The ‘Mini Aqua’ is the perfect starter distance for ages 13 and above,- you can go solo or split the distance as a relay (one swimmer and one runner). You get a finisher time and medal but its NON competitive and non-awarded.
The MINI distance offers:
- A 200m swim in the sheltered Wollongong harbour, keeping within 50m of the shoreline, followed by an 2km flat coastal run.
- Flippers are ok, but ensure you can safely swim the distance un-aided.
- Fully supported, safety crew of lifesavers; marshals and first-aid.
- Individual or relay team option
- Finisher medals to celebrate your achievement
Visit our preparation page for training tips, programs, video’s.
√ Entry to Australia’s largest and most fun swim and run Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Over $5,000 give away’s and prizes
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit: Compulsory for all individuals Entrants or 1 team member
- Collection between 7.1am and 8:45am
- See maps: located at belmore basin
- Check the Event Schedule for registration, briefing and start time
- Prior to start (individual) place run gear in the area marked ‘transition
- Place your allocated time chip on your left ankle (soft velcro)
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in “Team Tag Area”
- Event briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer
- Single lap, held within 50m of shoreline, divided into male, female and team starts, supported by very capable lifesavers
- 2km- (1k out and back) flat run along the amazing ‘blue mile’ coastal path to North Beach
*See Terms & Conditions