The Suttle Shades Short Aqua is the perfect swim and run experience for all ages and levels.
The Short Aqua distance is our most popular distance with hundreds taking part, ages 13 and up. You start with a single lap 400m swim in sheltered Wollongong Harbour, before swapping to your run gear for a spectacular coastal 1.5k out and back, 3k total run. Go solo or relay tag team with a friend.
Aquathon can be enjoyed by most and its a fun fitness hit out. Have a go, have a laugh, or race for your time! Safety and fun focused, finisher medallions, loads of water safety and course marshals, and a huge fun buzz await.
√ Entry to Australia’s largest Aquathon
√ Eyeline swim cap
√ Finisher MEDALLION!
√ Electronic timing and results
√ Entry to prize pool worth over $5,000
√ Professional event safety & services
What happens on Event day?
- Collect your Registration kit between 7am and 8:45am
- Check the Event Schedule (note: swim group start times)
- Place run gear in the area marked ‘transition
- Place your allocated swim cap and time chip on (left ankle).
- Teams: swimmer starts with time chip, runner waits in “Team Tag Area”; after swim tag runner by swapping time chip over.
- Briefing is held on water’s edge
- Listen to the announcer for key details and group starts
AGE CATEGORIES & AWARDS
Open Teams: “open” implies any age/gender mix
NEW- satellite maps – live view CLICK HERE
Swim: A single lap 400m- inside mostly protected harbour, supported by experienced lifesavers.
Transition: Exit the sand and run 30m to a path where your shoes/gear will be positioned or tag your team runner.
Run: 3km scenic coastal course along the Illawarra’s premier “Blue Mile”. 1.5km out and back course. Well marked, traffic free, and loads course marshals.
*See Terms & Conditions