Don’t feel like doing the whole Aquathon yourself? More of a runner or swimmer? Than buddy up and enter as a relay with one swimmer and runner- The RMB Lawyers Relay Team is for you
One is the swimmer, one is the runner. Relay style – Simple as that.
- GRAB A MATE
- Choose your preferred distance
- Enter online – select ‘teams’.
- Select your division – age categories along with parent and child and business divisions
- Join the fun
Relay Team Award/Age divisions:
- Kids Aqua: U10 and 10-12 boys or girls
- Mini Aqua: 13+ Any gender make-up. Non-awarded
- Short Aqua: U18, Open Age, Business Team, Parent+Child (U16) or Master 50+. Any gender make-up. 1st, 2nd,3rd awarded
- Long Aqua: Open Male, Open Female or Open Mixed category, Business Team
How do tag teams work?
Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags a mate to run. It’s the same event as individuals just as a tag team.
How do I enter?
- Entry is via the online entry system.
- Select ‘create a team’ and fill in the form
What distance applies to teams?
ALL events have tag team options and divisions
Do I have to be competitive?
NO, in fact, most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners?
Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. The swimmer wears two-time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total?
One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group?
Sure can, whether you are an individual or tag team, you can all be part of a collective group.
Do team swimmers start separately?
YES- teams have their own swim wave start.
Are there award divisions?
- Yes – refer each event distance page for categories
What happens on Event Day?
- Sign in at registration (one person) – Collect swim cap, time chip
- Follow announcer instructions
- Teams swim start is after the individual starts so you can see the course.
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and wears the allocated swim cap
- The Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ as marked
- Swimmer completes the swim, then runs 20m to ‘swap’ time chip to the runner. TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Runner completes the run course
- Celebrate together!