Relay Tag teams: one swimmer and one runner – twice the fun.
Don’t feel like doing the whole Aquathon yourself? RMB Lawyers TEAM UP is the perfect option to join Aquathon with your mates, work group, fitness crew, sport club, school or family!
One is the swimmer, one is the runner. Relay style – Simple as that.
- GRAB A MATE
- Choose your preferred distance
- Enter online – select ‘teams’.
- Join the fun
You can enter a tag team on your own or part of a group.
DOWNLOAD YOUR TEAM SET UP GUIDE HERE.
Relay Team Categories:
- Kids Aqua: U10 and 10-12 boys or girls
- Mini Aqua: 13+ Team division – non-awarded
- Short Aqua: U18, Open, Business Team, Parent+Child (U16) Team and Master 50+. Any gender make-up. 1st, 2nd,3rd awarded
- Long Aqua: Open Male, Female or Mixed category, Business Team, Master 50+ Team
Get your work mates involved: The RMB Corporate Teams category. Enter a relay team in the Long or Short Aquathon with a co-worker or friend and fly the business flag!!
How do tag teams work?
Simply put, one person does the swim part and tags a mate to run. It’s the same event as individuals just as a tag team.
How do I enter?
Entry is via the online entry system. Select ‘create a team’ and fill in the form.
Here is a quick guide to SETTING UP RELAY TEAMS.
What distance applies to teams?
ALL events have tag team options and divisions
Do I have to be competitive?
NO, in fact, most teams are fun, social, and with divisions for age, parent and child and business it all about having a go with a mate.
Can a swimmer tag two runners?
Yes- enter two different teams with the same swimmer and nominate a different runner. The swimmer wears two-time chips, so ensure you hand the right one to each runner..
Is the fee per person or total?
One fee applies (split between the team members)
Can I also be part of a group?
Sure can, whether you are an individual or tag team, you can all be part of a collective group.
Do team swimmers start separately?
YES- teams have their own swim wave start.
Are there award divisions?
- Yes – refer each event distance page for categories
What happens on Event Day?
- Sign in at registration (one person) – Collect swim cap, time chip
- Follow announcer instructions
- Teams swim start is after the individual starts so you can see the course.
- Swimmer places time chip on their ankle and wears the allocated swim cap
- The Runner – waits in the designated ‘team tag area’ as marked
- Swimmer completes the swim, then runs 20m to ‘swap’ time chip to the runner. TIP: Swimmer stand still, let runner remove ankle velcro and swap to their own leg.
- Runner completes the run course
- Celebrate together!